Let’s keep the pumpkin flavour going for as long as there is no snow on the ground! If you’re not in Montreal that could be weeks away, however for us, it could be any minute now. I love to indulge in a specialty drink but sometimes I love to indulge from the comfort of my sweatpants. Here is a delicious and easy holiday drink that will leave you feeling like you stepped into a cafe while stepping into your kitchen. The coconut milk adds a healthy twist to your typical pumpkin spice latte, and the chai adds to the favours of the pumpkin spice. This cozy fall drink will definitely keep you warm this season!
- Top your pumpkin chai tea mixture with hot frothed coconut milk. If you do not have a frother handy, heat up the milk on the stovetop and whisk until the milk has a bubbly frothy consistency.
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of coconut milk frothed or warmed
- 1 tbl pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tbl of maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- **Bailey’s or Whisky optional
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add 2 tea bags, and bring down to low heat to steep for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
- Once the tea has steeped, remove chai tea bags and add the pumpkin mixture to the water and whisk until combined.
- Place pumpkin chai tea in a mug and top with frothed or warmed coconut milk.
- Garnish with a pinch of pumpkin spice on top!