This is my go-to appetizer. It’s cheesy, tangy, creamy and did I say cheesy? Yes, it deserves to be said twice. This dip is the perfect balance between light and velvety, while still being an indulgence (meaning you can eat a lot of it and still have some space for the inevitable upcoming main course) It can be served with simple water crackers, pita chips, baguette or even veggies! It makes enough that you can serve it to a crowd and the dip freezes just as well. When I am preparing this dip, I tend to double the recipe and freeze one for when I have unexpected guests or when I’m lazy and thinking artichoke dip is a sufficient and healthy dinner option.
- Most of the ingredients required are pantry/freezer friendly except the mayo and sour cream. When artichokes or cheddar cheese go on sale, I tend to pick up a couple to store in the pantry or freezer.
- You can grate your cheese and place in a freezer bag up to 2 month for easy prep.
- This dip is gluten free and keto friendly if you omit the chips…who would have thought!
- 1 can of Artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 container of sour cream (500ml)
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp worcestershire
- 1 tbl + 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup cheese
- 1 cup of crunched plain chips (I often go for the ruffles, but you can use anything you like!)
- Couple sprigs of parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Prep your Mise! Chop artichoke hearts, grate cheese, finely chop garlic are retrieve all other ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl combine artichokes, ¾ cup of cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic, lemon, vinegar and salt, mix well.
- Place in an oven safe dish. Top with remaining ¼ cup of cheese, then lightly crunched chips. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley before serving, adding your choice of cracker, chip or veg.