See what I did there?
MexiCanada Street Corn is my take on an all time favourite mexican street corn. It perfectly combines the sweet flavours of the corn, the spiciness of the sauce and the tanginess of the cheese.
This is by far my preferred side dish, I always double the recipe because it is such a fan favourite! For one, corn is the best vegetable when it is in season and two, the creamy sauce and cheesy mixture is addictive! This makes for the perfect side dish to Shrimp Tacos, Burgers or any BBQ.
- If you want to prepare this in advance, boil the corn and once cooled store it in a ziploc bag or tupperware until you’re ready to grill. The corn may become a little wrinkly, however once on the BBQ it will firm right back up.
- You can also prepare the sauce and cheese until time to assemble. This will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
- 6 corn
- 2 tbl white sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Handful of cilantro
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Prep your mise! Shuck the corn, combine spice mixture (chili and garlic) and gather all other ingredients.
- Fill a large pot with water ¾ till the top, add sugar and boil. Once water is bubbling, add corn and boil for 8 minutes, remove from water and set aside.
- While corn is cooking, combine mayo, lime juice, chilli and garlic. Mix well.
- Grate cheese and crumble feta, add both cheeses in a flat dish and combine (corn will be rolled in this mixture so ensure you have enough evenly spread in the dish).
- Wash and dry cilantro.
- Preheat BBQ to high heat, grill corn until sides are a nice golden/ dark brown colour, 2-3 minutes.
- Let corn cool slightly, then brush mayo sauce on all sides of the corn. Roll the corn in the cheese mixture.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika for colour and cilantro leaves.